- Co-Founder of GIOF and Genesis Diez, A.C.
- Greg’s business sense, attention to detail, and being a “people person”, allowed him to be the successful owner of two thriving contracting companies, spanning a 23 year period. This business experience along with
- guidance from trusted advisers has proven to be invaluable in the formation of Genesis’s three non profits.
- Greg’s love of the outdoors has led him to explore the byways of Baja for over 40 years. Greg has been an avid outdoor adventurer his entire life. Backpacker, tri-athlete, kayaker, rock-climber, fisherman, lifeguard, and scuba instructor, Greg has led and taught nearly every variety of outdoor activity.
- Immersing himself with training and augmenting his wilderness experience, Greg joined the San Diego Mountain Rescue Team serving 8 years, where he became an instructor and was elected to their board of directors. Also as an Instructor for A-16 Outdoor Adventures, Greg led rock-climbing classes during which time he earned his Wilderness First Responders medical certification.
- Greg volunteered in youth ministry 1991-2003, including 14 months as Director of Student Ministries as a volunteer. He was co-leader for Church mission trips, retreats, and outdoor adventure ministry. When talking with Greg, you know he is a man of strong passion – for God, family, children, the outdoors and Church missions.
- GIOF Administrator and Beloved wife of Greg
Proverbs 3:5-8 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart,and do not rely on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear
- Pattie, married co-founder Greg Amstutz in 1973. She has been a part of the “behind-the-scenes” development of Genesis since its beginning in the early 1990’s. Patti has extensive experience in the banking, building and legal industries. She was legal assistant and office manager for an Estate Planning attorney from 1985-2003. Her attention to financial details, along with her hardworking abilities and personal ministering experiences, makes Patti a true asset for Genesis.
- Mexican Director
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 “Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice
- Director of Beautiful Gate Orphanage
Psalm 23:1-2 “The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads
me beside quiet waters…” “It is through these beautiful children at Beautiful Gate that God brought me here in His perfect timing. I am the happiest woman ever because I am able to serve them and God in such a beautiful way.”
- Rancho Genesis Director
Psalm 6:4 “Turn, O Lord, and deliver me, save me because of your unfailing Love.”
Amy first fell in love with Genesis after a week long missions trip to Rancho Genesis ” Christian Summer Camps for orphaned children in 2006″. She received her Bachelors of Arts degree in Communications and Spanish from the University of Washington and then went on to further her education in graduate school where she became a certified teacher. Her passions for Jesus, children, and teaching shines brightly through her never ending energy and love! She received her Wilderness First Res-ponder Medical Certification and is also a Red Cross certified Lifeguard. The gifts and talents that the Lord has blessed her with fit right in with Genesis!
- Beautiful Gate Administrator and Physical Therapist
ever. I will praise You forever, Because You have done it; And in the presence of Your saints I will wait on Your name, for it is good.”
- Assistant Program Director
Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
“I was raised in Colorado most of my life, 3 years ago God called me to move to Oregon. There I was assistant youth pasturing until the Lord called me to Genesis Diaz. My first year I served as a God has given me an incredible passion for the work that he’s called me to here. I thank Jesus for his grace and goodness in my life. missionary then was later recruited into the assistant Program Director position.
Manuel Parral Balvaneda
My love for Genesis grew gradually, when I started volunteering on Wednesdays at DEJANDO HUELLAS, I loved the fact that Genesis was a ministry that loved, cared and guided children to Jesus. I wanted to be part of that! After I was given the opportunity to serve, I began to explore all that Genesis had to offer.
I realized that Wednesday nights activity (FOOTPRINTS) was the tip of the iceberg for me and one of the many things I could picture doing the rest of my life. The perfect timing to influence the life of a child is in their childhood and GENESIS is doing just that, and because of that I know God has brought me to the right place. Here I can learn, grow, and practice ministry in a practical way.
Missionary with Genesis Diaz
God gave me a love for Genesis nearly 3 years ago when schooling at Calvary Chapel Bible College in Ensenada Mexico. I began serving with Genesis as part of school community service hours. After my 2nd semester I started serving with Genesis Diaz during the summers, and shortly after graduating, I became a full time missionary with Genesis Diaz. One of the many things that attracted me about this ministry is the love, grace, and kindness that is shared to the Staff, Children, and Adults. Gods working hands is evident here and anywhere the hands of God are actively working is exactly where I want to be.
Telesforo E. Barreto